Maui 2012

Maui 2012

Big Bear Aug. 2011

St.Kitts

St.Kitts

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Corn Convention

 
We planned to do corn sat. Aug. 18, 2012. Donny and I went to Kent's friday night to get the corn. We filled up 2 shopping carts with 20 doz. @ $1.99 a dozen. We got a lot of stares and were glad to get out of there. Quite embarrassing! Emma came to spend the night because Brody and Joce had to work the next day. We had just watched a little news and I was getting some books out to read to Emma before getting her to bed. Donny had just gone to bed and I thought I heard something. Quickly dismissed it, thinking it was the neighbor coming home or something. Intent on getting Emma ready for bed, I heard another sound... A knock at the door, is that what I heard? It's 10:30 at night!!! Who would be at my door this late? I was creeped out from the news I'd watched. Standing in the hall so still, I hear another knock. Please go away I say to myself. Then another loud knock!! I whisper YELL to Donny "Babe, somebody is at the door!" Another knock, so I grab Emma's hand "for courage" and head down the stairs. I flip on the outside light and peek out the blinds  and WHAT........ I open the door as Donny gets to the top of the stairs and what do I see? Jason, Claudia,Ada, Boston, and Davis!! I'm so confused, scared, and shocked!! I don't even know what to say. These crazy kids just love surprising us!!! You'd think I'd get used to it or even suspect it. But nope.... I never do. They really took the Corn Convention ( as Claudia calls it) seriously! They win the distance traveled prize!!


Everyone helped out in their own way!
 
It would have been nice if she would have looked like this before 1:30 a.m. this morning

Thanks Mandy and Cam for treating us to a game of miniature golf after doing corn all day!
And to icee's at Zeppes!!
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: